Things are changing rapidly in my life these days, sometimes I feel like I’m in that one scene in Labyrinth when she’s running and suddenly the floor is on the ceiling and she’s upside down but right side up. My office is moving (tomorrow) which is both awesome and time-consuming. I’m a pack rat. I hate packing, but it’s been good to purge old documents, handouts and clean up my office. I’m excited about the new place and it’ll be bittersweet being there a quick month before we move our household to a brand.new.state.
Yipee! (And yes I’m still dreading packing.)
I’ve slowly reduced non-essential items through out the house. I think the bathroom is 40% ready. The rest of the place, well, there’s more work that needs to be done.
But, my office is almost packed, see I’m productive. 😉
In other news:
- I had the mass in my face removed. Turns out it was a rogue saliva ball of cells, thankfully it was benign.
- I got the flu shot last week and managed to get super-duper sick. Thankfully, I peeled myself off the couch and came to work yesterday.
- I’ve organized my crafts (my husband will say I haven’t but I have!) and feel less crazed about moving them.
- I submitted my professional licensing to the right agency in KS. I have one last thing to send them-it came in the mail a week after I sent everything else in. Once that’s done I just need clearance to take another test.
- I’ve crafted and read a bit lately. Books: The Scarpetta Factor, The Weissmans of Westport, Amy Butler’s In Stitches, Aimee Ray’s Doodle Stitching.
- Other things I’m (still) loving: yarn. I found Knit Happens in Scottsdale and surrended half my spending money for the month on some beautiful mult-colored yarn. I just need some size 10 round needles to work on that cowl I’ve dreamed of. Also: earl grey tea lattees from Starbucks, Angry Birds (when I get a hold of Michael’s fancy phone), The New Yorker on my Nook.
Book review by A Little Hut.
Adventures in Dressmaking-I love the style inspiration.
Fail safe for creative insight: Ready Made.
Happy Fall all.